My name is Maria del Pilar Weingart.  My family and friends call me as Pilar.  I was born in Peru and immigrated to the U.S. 18 years ago. I am married and I have a ten-year old son. I lived in New York for a short period of time and then decided to move to Connecticut, my first job was in New Britain in a factory in the graphics department for nine years.After that I was working for two years taking care of ederly people.
I decided to go back to school to continue my education and I am currently attending Tunxis Community College. I wanted to set a good example for my son and family and demonstrate that anything you set your mind to can be accomplished. It also makes me happy to know that even though spanish is my first language that should not be a barrier to move forward. I chose Tunxis because it offers a good mixture of degree programs.
I enjoy all the courses that I enroll into and see them as challenges that I must complete. I have also taken on a position as a student worker at Tunxis in the faculty office and enjoy what I do and learn. When I am not in school, I love to spend time with my family.