My name is Keith Dauch and I am a newer student at Tunxis. I have been out of school for a while, and the thought of going back to school was daunting, to say the least. Now that I am in the swing of things, I am truly enjoying myself. After high school I joined the military, since I had no real direction for my life. I did not realize it at the time, but that was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I was forced to grow up, and the experiences which I was able to have, have made me the person I now am.

I am currently in the Honors Math and Computer Science program. This is ironic for me, since I did not do so well in math in high school. I have found, though, that I am now able to understand the math I have been doing, and that I enjoy what I am learning. I also was given the opportunity to become a tutor in the Academic Support Center, which has been a great experience. To see others grow from the small amount of help I can provide is so fulfilling. The computer programming is a completely new concept for me, but I have really enjoyed the classes I have taken so far. One of my passions has always been writing. I intend to pursue writing, and taking advantage of all the courses which are offered to better myself, and I know I have a long way to go.