Information Literacy 

Resume Word Document 

Tunxis has provided me with a deeper understanding of the importance of using information properly. The manner in which information is constructed and displayed play huge roles in its eventual interpretation and perception. The ability to interpret a problem, construct a solution, and properly communicate that solution are skills that demonstrate information literacy.

I chose a resume project that I did in my business communication class as an example of this. In this class, I learned about the expectations businesses have for resumes. I have also learned as a job seeker that this first impression is huge and is possibly your only chance at leaving a mark. I learned about how to properly summarize my life experiences into a one page informative sales pitch to employers. The class allowed me to better familiarize myself with the functionality of Microsoft's Office software.

I also realized while working on this project that the creativity in which you exhibit information can alter its effect almost as much as the actual content. I then decided to purchase my name as a domain name to market myself to employers. I used some techniques that I learned in my web design class to make my resume a little more unique and accessible. 

www.josiahfulton.com/resume.html

Creativity and the ability to implement are prized characterstics for any good company and are tools that will assist me in my personal goals.