Click the text below labelled "Weight Management Program" to view the program designed as a final project.  You can click the "open" option, which means you don't have to save the file onto your computer.  Once the program is opened, click "run" to view the program.  The program is called "BMR Final Project".

The program is an " .exe " file which may not be opened on some computers (depending on your security settings).

Weight Management Program

Example Image

Programming Logic and Design

In this course, the student will learn to develop various types of applicable computer programs.  The programs can be used for businesses, calculations, personal life, and entertainment.  The various aspects of Visual Basic learned throughout the course include two-dimensional tables, aesthetic enhancement, text boxes, list boxes, data input, utilizing multiple forms, calculating prices and mathematical equations, utilizing splash screens, printing techniques, etc.  At the course’s completion, the student will be able to create a program utilizing all of the learned techniques (and more) throughout the curriculum.

Initially, this course was difficult to understand.  This isn’t an easy course and there aren’t many people that can understand all of the elements that go into creating computer programs.  It helped to be tech and computer savvy, though the class was one of the biggest struggles that I’ve faced at Tunxis Community College thus far.  It helped to keep in touch with students in the class.  The workload was overwhelming, but granted a feeling of accomplishment after each completed assignment.

In this course, I have learned so much about how computer programs are created, as well  as how they function.   There were times when I didn’t understand the chapter and had to re-read many sections in the book, but the various stimuli presented throughout the semester helped.  Utilizing and reflecting on the programs helped enhance my development in creating my own programs and understanding diverse concepts introduced throughout the course.  This course was one of the most difficult and labor-intensive courses.  Learning to make virtually any kind of computer program from scratch is the success that I derived from studying Visual Basic.