• Donny Kongkiat, Computer Information Systems

• Who are you?

My name is Donny Kongkiat, I am 19 years old, and I live with my mother, her boyfriend, my older sister, cousins, aunt and uncle. Aside from my uncle and my mother's boyfriend, I was practically the only boy in my family. I've been playing video games for my whole life and it's pretty much made me who I am now. I love listening to Electronic Dance Music (Progressive House, Trance, Hardstyle, etc.), as it makes me move in ways I didn't think I would do as often, and the sounds of it always makes me feel so refreshed. I also enjoy watching Japanese anime, because of the stories and characters that I quickly grow to attach myself with! I never really saw myself as being special, I always thought that I'm just like everyone else. But then I realize that despite my introvertedness, I have in some way, been able to bring positive outlooks with my own presence. I don't know how I'm able to pull this off, but it makes me feel warm inside knowing that I'm somehow making someone's day feel great.

• Where are you from? 

I grew in a small town in Connecticut called Plainville, funnily enough. For as small as it is, it's quite a busy town. There's always cars driving around the streets, going from one town/highway to the next. The climate is very pleasant, from my experience living there for the last 19 years. Walking around the streets nowadays, I really appreciate the atmosphere that it radiates. From the sight of the plentiful trees, to the numerous businesses going about their daily work routines, to the gentle sounds of cars driving along the roads, I had to take it all in and just had to appreciate everything that was around me, and even appreciate what I have now.

• Why did you decide to attend Tunxis Community College?

I made the choice to attend this college because I felt like I had to get some outside help from others who got to where they are now, so that I can learn for myself about how they handled things on their own and apply that knowledge to myself so that I can make it through the outside world, if that makes any sense...