These are my two most meaningful and beneficial academic skills plans.

Organizing Study Materials

My present situation is that I plan to keep all of my materials organized and it never works out. I have all of my things in order at first: I write everything down, put each paper and assignment in a folder according to class and category, and I make sure that my notes are easy to access. What probably ruins it is when I'm in a hurry to leave class or wherever I currently am. I end up just throwing my papers all into one place, probably the worst being my bag or in some cases scattered all over the floor. Switching between two different houses as I have been doing typically just makes this a more frequent issue.  I would like to stay as organized as I possibly can so that I might have less of an issue with it. I probably need to start realizing that I should take my time a bit more, and that taking a few seconds to put something in the right place is not going to hinder anything. I'm really a get-up-and-go type of person, and I like to take every bit of my extra time for myself. I would like to be able to remind myself that it only takes a few seconds to get everything organized, and it saves time for me later.

Possible Choices:

Strategy #2: Tackle challenging subjects first.
My specific actions:
I usually have a good sense of judgment for doing this, but sometimes I get really overwhelmed with the amount of references I need for harder assignments, and I don't bother to take the time to use them all because I've either lost them or they're hidden somewhere in a heaping pile of papers. This makes it harder to start with the easier assignments because it just gets in the way. I'll definitely start to take the harder assignments first again, because then I can decide whether I'm going to need to reuse the materials for it, and rid myself of any materials that I won't need in the future.

Strategy #6: Create an ideal study space.
My specific actions:
Part of my problem with staying organized is that I always have too much clutter surrounding me, and too many things that can distract me and cause me to possibly lose things that I need for my assignments. If I try to set a study space, and keep that space clean and free of distractions, I can probably work more effectively.

Strategy #9: Gather all course materials.
My specific actions:
This is one of my biggest challenges. I'll really need to keep everything in a place where I can access it, especially my notes. That way I can refer to my materials quickly in order to complete assignments with more ease.

Strategy #16: Create hierarchies (graphic organizer).
My specific actions:
This looks like a generally easy strategy for me. I seem to have a good mind for finding the exact point of something and see where the general idea expands. If I write everything under a graphic organizer, I will be able to put my thoughts into a layout, and I can look back at it and remember the process that I've designed.

I will evaluate my plan within the next two weeks by

Beginning to take the necessary steps that I've chosen to organize. I will get comfortable with these steps slowly, and look back to see if I've really taken the initiative to start my plan and organize everything accordingly.

I will evaluate my plan at the end of next month by

Looking back and seeing if I've really kept up with my plan. I will definitely be much less overwhelmed with my course materials, and that's a good indicator that I've been making the effort.

At the end of this semester, I will evaluate my plan for organizing study materials as a success if

I see any improvement in my grades, and I have every bit of class materials exactly where they belong. There won't be a ridiculous amount of papers lying around everywhere and I'll have handed in all my assignments because I won't lose them, which is another problem that I typically have with staying organized.

Taking Tests

My present situation is that I basically never study for tests anymore. I never feel as though it helps me, because in the past when I have studied, I still would often freeze up and forget everything that I needed to know for each specific test. I always have to take tests based on what I can remember at the exact moment because there's so much pressure that I seem to forget quite a bit.  I would like to improve on the ways in which I can prepare for tests. It would be great to find an effective method of remembering everything that I need to know. Trying something new could be worthwhile.

Possible Choices:

Strategy #2: Create a positive affirmation about taking tests.
My specific actions: Let's face it: So many people are guilty of the most devastating negativity. Countless people walk into a classroom to take a test with only one thing running through their heads: “I'm going to fail”. I do this frequently, if not regularly. It's almost natural to expect failure. I'm changing my attitude towards taking a test now, because when I expect to fail, I don't try as hard. I know this from experience because when I expect to do well, it drives me to try my hardest, and the result is rarely unsatisfactory.

Strategy #5: Prepare yourself physically and emotionally.
My specific actions: Usually, I keep my mind as far away from tests as I possibly can. I don't take any specific actions to prepare for tests, then when I get to class, it all falls on me. I can't let this happen anymore because it's better to prepare for things than to avoid them at all costs, especially if it is something that I can't avoid. I have to tell myself that I need to get to bed at a decent hour, study as much as I can, and make sure that I have breakfast and some coffee before I get to class.

Strategy #18: If you get stuck, move on.
My specific actions: I am very inconsistent with this habit. Usually, it works for me. Sometimes, however, I get so caught up in wanting to figure out a specific question on a test that I spend a really long time on it. I know that it's better to just finish what I can on a test, but my persistence gets the best of me sometimes. That, in a way is good, but I need to remember that there are other questions on the test that I need to complete.

Strategy #19: If you feel anxious, refocus.
My specific actions: In all honesty, I have panic disorder. I am extremely prone to anxiety with anything that stresses me out in the slightest. About a month ago, I failed my algebra test because I couldn't remember how to do a few problems. I ended up skipping over a lot, and getting caught up in one problem. I started hyperventilating and almost crying, which is absolutely ridiculous. My mind was so clouded. I left half of the test blank and handed it in. At times like these, I need to remember how to control the panic attacks that I have. I can control them in any other situation, but it's extremely important that I start to apply those methods of staying calm to the testing environment.

Strategy #24: Study the instructor's feedback.
My specific actions: I am going to do this because I feel as though it will be a challenge to me. When I receive a marked test, I cringe, and sometimes, I'll even throw it away without looking at it. I am so self-conscious that I don't want to know what the instructor had to say about my work, because it would just make me feel bad about my self. Now, I'm going to apply that feedback in a positive way, and use it to improve rather than drag myself down.