Before I started this course, I was fairly inexperienced with Linux.  Though I have been using Linux for a while and have been comfortable and familiar with it, there was still a lot to learn.  From this course, I learned a great deal about how to navigate the file system through a command line, and how to implement services with which I was previously not familiar, such as Kickstart.

One of the best aspects of this course is that everything is hands-on.  I was able to take time to work in and become familiar with a distribution that I never used very extensively.  Every class was interesting and taught me something new.  I also really enjoyed the projects because they provided real-world applications of system configuration.  Particularly useful and interesting projects include the Kickstart project, which automatically installed a new distribution.  This was useful to show how large-scale installations can be achieved with ease.  The server project was also useful, because Linux servers are extremely common and it is important to know as well as easy to learn how to work with them.

The only complaint that I really have in regards to this course was that we really only worked with Fedora 13 in class.  Only learning about one distribution doesn't truly give everyone an idea of how many options there are.  It would have been great to work with other distributions because choice and variety are really important in Linux.