My final reflection on this course:

In the beginning, I was completely clueless about programming.  I wasn't sure exactly what it could do, and how easy it can be.  Still, I had looked forward to it from the start, and I was so excited to learn something new, and it's something that separates me from a vast majority of people in that programming is a very unique experience that requires patience as well as persistence.  I've always had these qualities, and finding that programming was a good outlet for this was quite an experience for me.  I ran into some issues in each chapter, but I would always pull through and take every step necessary to complete each project and solve every problem.  I've always been shy, but meeting people in class and discussing each problem has helped me to open up a bit and feel more comfortable with people of the same interest groups.  I struggled a bit towards the end of the semester, but I'm going to take some extra time to work toward understanding what I need to know about programming in Visual Basic, even when the semester is over.  It's not all work to me; I am actually interested in this.  It was a great way to start college because I was always told that I'd have an opportunity to choose courses in which I'm interested, and I found this to be completely true.

The two projects that I can identify as my best work are case projects 4 and 6.  Both of these projects involved applying new challenging concepts, and I spent the most time trying to perfect them.  Both were order forms for the Very Very Boards forms, and I feel that I put the most effort into them.  I also received a 100 on both, so I know that I did well.  The project from chapter 4 was my first comfortable experience with variables and "if" statements, and it was accompanied with adding numbers.  All of these things were challenges to me at first, then I took this project as an opportunity to make sure that I got it just right.  Case project 6 was my first attempt at creating a function to calculate a price, because I hadn't done it in the previous chapter.  I was having a lot of problems with it in chapter 5, and everyone I asked was having trouble with it, too.  One day, I persisted with the project for hours, and eventually figured it out.  My work paid off with another perfect grade.

I know that the knowledge I have gained from this class is only the beginning of all of the programming I will have to learn in the future, but it will help me to be just a bit more familiar with the concept.  I won't be completely lost, and I will have some sort of idea of what I can expect.  Also, I will be just a bit more comfortable with asking questions and talking to people about assignments, because this is an essential part of problem solving in programming as well as other aspects of life and school.  Overall, this experience has been more than adequately beneficial to me as a student and a person, and I'm really glad that I am enthusiastic enough about it to have stayed in the class through its entire duration.

My initial thoughts on this course:

I chose to take Programming Logic and Design because it is important for my major as well as striking to my interest in computers.  I like a challenge, and I feel like this might be exactly what I need.  Plus, it looked like fun.  I hope to learn everything that there is to know in the course, and the strengths that I am bringing into this course are persistence and a willingness to learn.  My biggest challenge might be getting things done on time.  I always seem to have a problem with that.  Overall, I'm looking forward to it.