When I first started at Tunxis Community College, I did not know what I degree I wanted to do or what I wanted to do for a career for the rest of my life. One of the first classes that I took at Tunxis Community College was Programing logic with visual basic. After taking this class is when I decided to get a degree in Computer Programming. From then on I started taking more programming classes. C++ was my next class which was a little harder but I still got the hang of things pretty quick. When I took Java, I realized that it was my favorite language thus far to learn. I don't know if it's because I took other programming classes before that made this one easier.

My networking class wasn't not what I expected. There was no hands on work which I feel would have added to the course. The pictures in the book depicting token rings and such were not the best quality.

Learning applications was the easiest for me. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint were self explanatory. I already knew a majority of what you can do with these three applications. Microsoft Access was a little more challenging because I was afraid to accidentally delete the database.

When the semester started with my Operating Systems class, I was excited. I wanted to learn more about how operating systems work. I took a Linux Administration class because I took this class which I believe gave me an advantage. I learned the fundamental of how Operating Systems work, and I liked the fact that the book showed us some operating system code. When I saw the code for the first time, I actually knew how to read it and I could guess what it was doing for the O.S.

The five program abilities are all interrelated.