BA Program Ability #5 - An understanding of the ethical and legal implications of managerial decisions and the effect of those decisions on organizational stakeholders.

In my Business Law class which I like to refer to as 'Lucy's Law', i was fond of her teaching style, we were given many opportunities to fill out various business forms and learn legal terminology, both their meanings and the stories behind them. Several terms are included in the following link to my own contract...

BL employment contract.doc

Also, my Business Ethics class assigned a team project which included an essay and debate presention based on a topic given in class. My team answered the question 'Should a business that recieves tax payer dollars be allowed to outsource" with the opposed view. Below you will gain access to the final essay for this topic.

Ethics Outsourcing Paper Final.doc

REFLECTION

Why did I choose an Employment Contract and Outsourcing essay as evidence of an understanding of the legal and ethical implications of managerial decisions and the effect of those decisions on organizational stakeholders?

While writing this assignment I had to consider what were fair and legal agreements between myself and a business. Considerations included the need to maintain company security after dismissal, including a 'covenant not to compete', but also freedom was allowed in the form of constructing the contract with holidays I  wanted. Generic needs of a contract were met as well like writen consent of changes by both parties and severability. The organization that may review my contract has the right to accept the terms, not hire, or seek amendments.

The Outsourcing topic was evolved over several cups of coffee and tea with resources that proved to be more useful for our side than expected, raising more questions every meeting about the many negative and few but growing positive views of displacing jobs. For management it proved to be a poor decision in many ways, like not finding the right productivity - a 'you get what you paid for' type of deal. Whereas in the beginning business leaders could only see benefits. The short term 'benefits' over long term results were considered to be less worth the expense after we conducted weeks of intriguing research.