BA Program Ability #4 - An understanding of the impact of leadership, employee behavior, organizational culture, group dynamics, and the team-based approach in defining organizational culture, and attaining organizational

In my first semester I attended a class that continued and accentuated my interest in my pursuit for this degree. This class was Principles of Management, the following link will provide a document written on an important decision made in my life and how I related some management topics to it.

decision making.doc

REFLECTION

Why did I choose this work to show an understanding of the impact of managerial roles and environment in an organization?

Although I had little experience at the time of this class I found that I could apply managerial roles to my life experiences thus far. Fresh out of high school, with three months of part time work at a small store and only 18 years of age I had learned some skills that most students don't have the chance for in high school. This is because I attended a two-year technical school that coincided with my junior and senior years of education in my home school. I had the chance to perform duties as if in a restaurant which goes beyond serving in a dining room. We were taught back of the house procedures too, like inventory, teamwork, and maintaining an organized workspace. My two years of school hour experience and part-time work may not have been much, but for the years that follow I continue to apply them to each of my courses, especially in terms of management. They are my building blocks.