Quantitative Reasoning

• Uses numerical information, laws of logic, and mathematics to solve problems.

Below you will find a gallery of pages from a Business Calculus test taken in the summer of 2011. The test provided me with several different types of equations to solve, simplify, or find the origin of. Also there are some word problems that are applied to business and science.

REFLECTION

The above test is from a summer course, Calculus for Business and Social Sciences.I did not choose a higher graded test because this test shows the effort I put into every answer, even the wrong ones. I have every ability to apply logic even if I am not always exactly correct. As you can see I made direct corrections to learn from my mistakes to prevent repeating them. The correct answers also help to show my understanding.

What can also be found are a few problems, on pages two and three that uses calculus as it could apply in the business world, specifically to Finance. The beauty of this class was how it not only taught concepts, but how a procedure can be made to relate to real world problems as well.

Don't sweat the little things, but don't forget them either.