Lindt Business Report.doc

Visuals for Lindt Oral Report.doc

Lindt Oral Report.wmv

I believe that my report on the Lindt Company demonstrates my proficiency in the Communication General Education Ability.  The class was assigned to pick any company that we wanted to investigate, use the library resources to gather information, format the report for a business-type atmosphere, and present our findings from a recruiter’s perspective to the class. 

I chose to investigate the Lindt chocolate company since I have a passion for their products and I am very interested in companies that not only expect excellence in the workplace, but are also willing to help their employees meet these expectations.  I believe that for a company to succeed, the employee also needs to succeed and have passion for what they are doing, which is what the employees of the Lindt Company exhibit every day. 

There was no difficulty in finding resources and information for this report because most of the information was on the Lindt website.  I included all of the key information requested of me into my report, which included:  a history of the company, market shares, key executives and the board of directors, and the benefits offered to both their full-time and part-time employees.  I also had very little difficulty in formatting my report for a business atmosphere.  However, I had a bit of trouble in condensing the amount of information that I had gathered, but in the end I was finally able to decide what was not essential to my report, and I left it out. 

I followed the instructions for formatting the written section of the report.  However, when it came time for the oral presentation, there were no instructions, I had to be creative.  The only rule I had was to include visuals for the presentation or packets for the other students in the class.  For my visuals, I used the overhead projector and a few transparencies to show the rest of the class the facts that I was going to present. 

I also chose to do a taste test during my oral presentation because then the students were allowed to actively participate in my presentation.  When there is interaction between the speaker and the audience, instead of having the audience only listening, then the presentation is more likely to be remembered by the audience.   This also gave me a chance to take the pressure off of me, show the excellent products of this company, and show why Lindt has been deemed to have some of the best chocolates out on the market.  This taste test also allowed me to show the kind of excellence and passion that this company expects from their employees. 

The audience was very thrilled to be able to eat the products and participate in my presentation.  My theory of the audience remembering my report if I fed them chocolate also worked.  The next presenter was asked if their company sold Lindt products in their stores. 

For these reasons, I believe that I demonstrated my ability to communicate facts and my ideas in written and oral form.  I was able to keep the Lindt products on the audience’s mind well after my presentation was finished.  I was also able to make my presentation fun, instead of boring, and informative.  Thereby, I was effective at transmitting my ideas into the minds of my audience.