Hello.  My name is Tanya Castonguay, and welcome to my Digication Portfolios. 

I am currently enrolled in two certificate programs, both Health Claims Processing and Medical Transcription, which I will be receiving at the end of the Spring 2010 semester.  I was assigned to create two thoughtful portfolios showcasing the skills that I have learned while enrolled in these certificate programs, and to reflect on each piece of work that I chose to include. 

The assessment portfolio is geared towards showing how my work demonstrates that I have learned certain General Education abilities.  Not only did I have to show that I have learned abilities for my program, but I also had to pick two other General Education Abilities and demonstrate, through examples of my work, how I have mastered these abilities as well. 

Also contained in my assessment portfolio is an overview of my internship.  This description contains my role at Tunxis Community College, my responsibilities, things that I have learned during my internship, and both short- and long-term goals that I have set for myself.  There is also an evaluation that I have written explaining the great experiences and jewels of information that I have learned during my internship. 

The showcase portfolio is focused on potential employers, family and friends, and prospective four-year colleges that I may want to transfer into some day.  This portfolio includes a section to show some pieces of my personality, a reflection of my portfolio, short- and long-term goals, a list of the skills that I have learned over the years, and my résumé.  Also included is a way to contact me if someone has any comments, suggestions, or questions. 

Please feel free to look at both my assessment portfolio and my showcase portfolio.  I would greatly appreciate your giving me any suggestions or commenting on my portfolios.