Welcome viewer to my e-portfolio. First let me introduce myself, my name is Robert Burzynski. I am a 33 year old male and live with my wife and 2 children in Southington CT. Currently I attend Tunxis Community College pursuing my Associates in Engineering Science degree. This is my fourth year attending Tunxis part time and I do plan on continuing my education further at CCSU. Tinkering with machines has always been my hobby. Figuring out what makes them tick and how to make them better is something I have always loved to do. Hopefully earning a degree in Engineering will allow me to enjoy this particular aspect of my life more.

As I mentioned before I attend school part time. Principal reason being I work full time as an Design Engineer currently contracting at Pratt & Whitney in Middletown CT. My chief role is designing machines that manufacture and assemble aircraft jet engine components. I create designs utilizing Unigraphics design software, as well as write inspection programs utilizing PC-Dmis software for controlling coordinate measuring machines. I have been in this line of work for over 15 years and although it is a stress filled job, I do enjoy it most of the time. I have my fair share of experience in engineering, however in today’s world experience will only get you so far. This is why I am attending school to further my carrier as well as personal development.